An applicant who meets all academic requirements for admission to North Dakota State University (NDSU), except for the English proficiency level, may be eligible for conditional admission. All documents are reviewed for conditional admission to the undergraduate or graduate program and enrollment in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP), for the student's first term at NDSU. The IELP will help to prepare students for full-time, university level coursework and provides the possiblity for students to enroll in IELP and academic coursework at the same time, depending on their proficiency level.
View Academic Requirements by Country of Education List for official records required > Official academic records must be submitted for all grades received through the semester prior to admission at NDSU
(Example: Fall applicants=grades through December/January, Spring applicants=grades through July/August)
Conditional Admission Deadlines (for receipt of all IELP+Undergraduate application requirements):
If OUTSIDE the U.S.If enrolled at a school INSIDE the U.S.
• Fall (August start) - June 1 • Fall (August start) - July 1
• Spring (January start) - November 1 • Spring (January start) - December 1
• Summer (June start) - April 1 • Summer (June start) - May 1
The IELP Coordinator will review your proficiency level to determine if your enrollment type has changed.
1) You will be granted full undergraduate admission and eligible to enroll in full-time academic classes; OR
2) You will continue studying English for next term, with option of taking 1+ academic classes (additional costs apply) > A conditional admission offer may be deferred until a student's English proficiency level improves to meet North Dakota State University
minimum standards for full admission.
Office of International Programs North Dakota State University Phone: +1 (701) 231-7895 - Fax: +1 (701) 231-1014 Campus address: Memorial Union 116 Physical/delivery address: 1401 Administration Ave / Memorial Union 116, Fargo, ND 58102 Page manager: Office of International Programs